The itrack website and the itrack Property App are operated by I Track Property Pty Ltd ABN 77 617 163 854 (itrack Property, ‘we’, ‘us’ and ‘our’).
Your privacy matters to us. We recognise the importance of protecting your personal information such as your name, address, email address, contact details and payment details for any services you purchase from us (‘Personal Information’). We are bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth) and the Australian Privacy Principles.
What Personal Information do we collect?
In the course of your using of the website or the itrack Property App, we may collect your Personal Information, including information that you provide to us.
When you use the website, the Personal Information we collect may include:
- your account information, if you register an account with us;
- log files and cookies – this is information that our server gathers about your address, domain name, IP address, browser type, language and the times and dates of web page visits;
- website analytics;
When you download or use the itrack Property App, the Personal Information we collect may include:
- the information you provide when you register to use the itrack Property App – such as your name, address, contact details and other personal details;
- information about your device;
- your location data;
- limited payment information;
- your activity on the itrack Property App;
- information that you upload to, or send using, the itrack Property App
We may also collect information you provide to us in the course of your dealings with us.
How do we collect your Personal Information?
We collect your Personal Information directly from you – unless it is unreasonable or impractical to do so.
We may also collect your Personal Information from:
- the public domain – e.g. from public websites;
- other businesses, such as real estate agents and advertisers;
- social media networks where we have a connection; and
- your usage of the website and the itrack Property App.
How do we use your Personal Information?
We may use your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- to facilitate the advertising, auction, sale and purchase of real estate;
- to connect real estate agents and sellers, buyers and prospective buyers;
- to provide other services to you, or to facilitate the provision of services to you by others;
- to collate and generate market data about the sale and purchase of real estate;
- for marketing purposes, such as to send information updates, marketing materials and newsletters to you;
- to verify your identity and your membership status;
- to communicate with you; and
- to improve our services, our website and directory.
To whom do we disclose your Personal Information?
We do not intentionally reveal or release your Personal Information collected on the website or the itrack Property App to third parties – except for:
- our related entities, business partners and service providers;
- our professional advisers;
- real estate agents and others who use the itrack Property App;
- other businesses who assist us in providing services to you;
- businesses who may be interested in providing a service to you; and
- as required by law.
We may also hold, use and disclose your Personal Information in connection with suspected fraud, misconduct and unlawful activity, as part of acquisitions or potential acquisitions of our business (or part of it), or to protect our lawful interests.
Some of the people to whom we disclose your Personal Information may be located overseas – for example, our web hosting providers, or cloud service providers.
What happens if we can’t collect your Personal Information?
If we are not able to collect Personal Information about you, then:
- you may not be able to use the itrack Property App;
- we may not be able to provide you with the services you have requested; and
- we may be unable to tailor our services to your preferences.
We strive to ensure the security of your Personal Information and we take reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information from:
- misuse, interference and loss; and
- unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
We will implement and maintain security processes and technologies to reasonable industry standard to secure and maintain information collected and to restrict incorrect use of and unauthorised access to such information. We do not and cannot guarantee the security of your information and (to the extent permitted by law) will not be liable for any loss or dissemination of it.
Accuracy of your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to ensure that your Personal Information that we collect, use or disclose is accurate, complete and up-to-date. However, the accuracy of the information held by us largely depends on the accuracy of the information that you supplied to us. If at any time you discover that any information concerning you is inaccurate, out of date, incomplete, irrelevant or misleading, please contact us to correct the information.
From time to time, we may send electronic messages (e.g. emails, SMS or in-app notifications) containing marketing materials or promotions of our goods to you. By your use of the website or the itrack Property App, you consent to us doing so.
You may unsubscribe from marketing messages received via the itrack Property app by adjusting the settings on your device’s operating system to turn off in-app notifications.
You may unsubscribe from email or SMS marketing messages at any time by sending an email to us at: email@example.com
We may send you communications about your account or your use of the itrack Property app, even if you have turned off in-app notifications, or requested not to receive marketing messages via email or SMS.
You may also receive emails or other electronic communications from real estate agents and others. We are not responsible for those messages or their content. To unsubscribe from receiving such messages, you will need to contact the sender directly.
Access to your Personal Information and Complaints
Your privacy is very important to us and we take the matter very seriously. If you would like access to your Personal Information, or if you have any concerns about your privacy or how your Personal Information is being handled, please contact us at the following email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
We will take steps to address your concerns and we aim to provide you with a written response within 21 days. To the extent reasonably practicable, and except in respect of information required for standard record keeping, we will remove any of your Personal Information that we hold promptly upon request from you. We will also provide you with access to your Personal Information when you reasonably require.
[Version date: 13 September 2018]